Besides chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate mint is about my favourite flavour combo!
I start most days with a green smoothie of some sort – and more often than not it’s this one. I know so many people find green smoothies intimidating and maybe aren’t that into them. I get it – drinking your greens seems like it may be sludgey and fibrous and all around not tasty. I’m here to tell you that this smoothie will change your mind!!
I’ve made it for so many friends and family who have been skeptical but have all been so pleasantly surprised with how creamy and delicious it tastes – almost like an ice cream smoothie. This one really does benefit from a vitamix or other high powered blender in order to get the creamy and smooth consistency.
You’ll feel good about starting your day with this one .. trust me!
Chocolate Mint Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 drops pure peppermint essential oil I use Doterra or 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp chia
- 1 Tbsp unflavoured soy nuts (optional)
- 7-8 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of almond milk or ice cubes to suit your preferred consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Share this post with friends!
Download your FREE Metabolism Boosting, Hormone Balancing meal plan!
Includes grocery list, nutrition information, and recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less.
Please check your email & confirm your subscription.