Sometimes I think I talk about my instant pot so much that I should be getting royalties from the company. Seriously, this thing has changed week night dinners, entertaining for a group and just overall expanded my repertoire in the kitchen more than I ever could have imagined!
So many of us have, what feels like a million kitchen gadgets. This one can seem intimidating because it’s so big and seems complicated. It’s not.
Family time and free time is precious in today’s face-paced, non-stop world – my family has benefited in so many ways since the instant pot came into our lives.
There is less prep to do before I start cooking, things cook in a fraction of the time, everything gets cooked in one pot, so clean up is a dream and you can cook just about anything in it.
Ok, rant over.
This recipe feeds my love affair with lemon and vegetables beautifully. It’s light and delicious and keeps well in the fridge for several days. As a bonus – I use my instant pot to make either chicken or vegetable stock to have on hand in the fridge for soups, etc. It’s so easy – there is a broth button on the pot 😉
Give it a try and I think you’ll love it.
PS – NOT a sponsored post 🙂
INSTANT POT VEGETABLE RICE AND LEMON SOUP
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 large bulb fennel diced
- 2 cups butternut squash diced
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Set the instant pot to sauté mode. Once heated, add the olive oil and the onion.
- Saute until tender, but not browned. 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add carrots, celery, fennel, squash, rice, cumin and broth and stir. Secure the lid on, with the vent closed, and set to high pressure for 14 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes after timer goes off - then release any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Add the spinach, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tsp salt. Stir well and add more lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- Serve hot.
Share this post with friends!